Pupil Premium & PE Funding Information
The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and to diminish the gap between them and their peers. This funding is allocated to children who:
* are currently or who have been registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years
* have been in care for 6 months or longer
* have been looked after for 1 day or more
* were adopted from care on or after 30 December 2005 or left care after this date
In 2017-18 schools have received £1320 of Pupil Premium Funding for each eligible primary-aged pupil. Our Pupil Premium income for the financial year 2017-18 is £50,845.
Barriers to children’s attainment include:
- Low attainment on entry to the school
- Other needs – eg: SEN / EAL
- Pastoral circumstances
- Low uptake of curricular out of school experiences
These are addressed by:
- In class and withdrawal support in identified subjects /areas
- Identified programmes
- Specialist SEN / EAL support
- Family Liaison support
- Attendance support
- Funding off-site curriculum opportunities
Further information on attainment outcomes for our Pupil Premium children is published on the DfE website.
We closely track our Pupil Premium children’s progress (both academically and pastorally) in order to assess whether we are “diminishing the gap”.
Our Pupil Premium strategy is reviewed at the end of each academic year.
Click here for our 2017-2018 Pupil Premium Strategy.
Click here for the outcomes of our 2016-2017 Pupil Premium Strategy.
How do I apply for Pupil Premium Funding for my child? Prior to September 2014 the mechanism by which Pupil Premium Funding was allocated was to offer this funding to all children who applied for Free School Meals, under the criteria set out above. From September 2014, ALL children in KS1 (Reception, Year 1 & Year 2) will be eligible for Free School Meals but parents of children IN ANY CLASS who wish to apply for Pupil Premium Funding must still go through the Free School Meals form process – therefore the forms & website links which are still in circulation and are to be used for applications for the Pupil Premium Funding are still labelled as for Free School Meals. Please use these forms / the weblink to make your Pupil Premium Funding applications until rebranded ones are made available. For children in KS2 (Years 3,4,5,6) your child will then also be eligible for Free School Meals. CLICK HERE to apply.
Schools are given PE Premium funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport on offer:
- to develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
- to build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
In 2017-18 schools will receive £16000 plus £10 per Yr1 to Yr6 pupil.
Click here for our PE Pupil Premium Spending 2017-18
Click here for a review of our PE Pupil Premium Spending 2016-17