High Firs uses the Kent County Council admissions process. This is different depending on whether your child is starting in Reception or in another class – please click on the link below:
- Information on applying for a Reception place
- Information on applying for a place in a class other than Reception
School Tours for Reception September 2021 starters
We would usually welcome prospective applicants for Reception places to join us for visits and tours in the Autumn prior to children starting school – we know how important it is for parents to get a feel of the school that they would like their child to attend. We are keen to go ahead with tours this year despite the current circumstances but in order to keep our prospective families, current staff and pupils as safe as we can from Covid-19 we will, however, be introducing some restrictions:
- Visits will only take place when our children are not on site.
- Visitors will be asked to wear a face-mask at all times on the school site (unless exempt) and to maintain distancing from staff and other visitors not in their family group.
- There will be a strict limit of 6 attending each tour with a maximum of TWO per family; if you are attending with your child, please keep them under close supervision and hold their hand at all times.
- Please remain within the designated areas of the tour and do not access other areas.
- Visitors will be requested to sanitise their hands on arrival and to undertake a temperature check. Please do not attend your tour if you or any of your household or close contacts are showing Covid symptoms.
- All visitors must register on arrival; these details will be retained for the purposes of track & trace. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to the start of your session to allow for entry processes.
Your visit will be for approx. 45 minutes and will include a presentation in the school hall and a tour of areas of the school.
Please book your preferred appointment time below; we will contact you to confirm your allocated session. We look forward to meeting you!
Transferring to Secondary School
Children transfer to secondary school the September following their 11th birthday.
Parents who may wish to consider applying for a grammar school placement for their child should refer to the following information: