We run a popular Breakfast Club and After School Club for those parents who need extended provision before and/or after normal school hours; more details and booking information for these are below.
Changes from September 2020 due to Covid-19 measures – BC & ASC are able to go ahead within the mixed groups guidelines but we will also follow, where possible, the same procedures for distancing, equipment and hygiene as the normal school day. We will aim to keep children sitting & playing within their class or sibling groups where possible when they are attending BC & ASC to continue to minimise risk. In order to do this, both Breakfast Club and After School Club will be held in the hall for the time being in order to maximise available space. Whilst we want to continue to support the children’s independence, there will be less “self-serve” of food items for the time being!
BREAKFAST CLUB – arrive between 8am and 8.15am
Due to our changes in drop-off arrangements (where children can now arrive and go to classes from 8.30am) our Breakfast Club times are now shorter for the time being!
- Children can arrive for Breakfast Club between 8am and 8.15am (not 8.20am as previously).
- Entrance will be via the pedestrian gate and through the playground to the rear hall door (not the cloakroom door as previously).
- Our Breakfast Club charge is currently £2.00 per day and places MUST be booked in advance (by 3pm on the previous day) so virus control measures can be planned for each day; we can not take “drop-in” attendees until further notice. A maximum number of children will be able to attend each day so please book as soon as possible to secure your place. Payment should be made in advance or on the day at the latest; children may not attend if payment has not been received. Payment can be accepted by childcare voucher.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB – collect between 3.30pm and 6pm
We are able to provide supervised provision in school for your child from 3.15pm to 6pm at our very own After School Club. Provision includes planned activities, recreation time and a supper meal. The ASC is run by school staff and is an extended schools opportunity offered by the school, rather than an outside provider.
- ASC is at a cost of £9 per child per session, regardless of collection time. This should be paid in advance or on the day; children who have not paid may not attend. We will continue to offer reduced costs for those who have three or more children attending. Payment will be accepted by childcare vouchers.
- We do not have provision for collection after 6pm and all children should therefore be collected by this time. Any collection after this time will be charged at £5 per 15 minutes because of the additional costs and organisation involved for the school. This amount must be paid on the next day school day or your child may not be able to attend further sessions.
- Spaces will be limited due to virus controls and MUST therefore be booked as soon as possible in advance in order to secure a place.
- A charge will not be made for children who have booked a session but who are absent due to illness or other authorised circumstances. However, a charge will still be made for children who have booked to attend ASC but who do not attend without prior notification (by at least 12pm on the day concerned).