We are very pleased to be able to offer all children in Year 5 the opportunity to learn to play the flute or clarinet as part of their music curriculum.
To support the children’s progress in learning this new instrument we like them to have the opportunity to take their flute or clarinet home in order to practise. In order to do this we would ask you to note and agree to the following:
- The instrument is the property of Kent County Council and is on loan to you free of charge.
- The instrument must only be handled and played by the child to whom it is loaned.
- In the event of loss or damage you must accept full financial responsibility for repair or replacement.
- Instruments in need of repair should be returned to school immediately and not repaired privately.
- The instrument must be brought to school each Wednesday and returned to school on the completion of lessons at the end of Year 5.
In line with the current Covid guidelines, in order to reduce airborne transmission from these wind instruments, when practising at home you should also ensure that:
- The instrument is played at least 2m away from anyone else
- The room must be well ventilated (ie doors / windows open)
We do hope that your child will enjoy this exciting opportunity to learn a musical instrument at school and that you feel able to support this by allowing them to practise at home. If you have any queries, please do contact Mrs Ford. Please complete the form below to indicate your agreement: