We are really excited to launch our “Park and Stride” initiative from 10th October!
Through this we are looking forward to the following benefits:
- Improved health and fitness through walking into school everyday
- Health benefit for all with fewer cars polluting air near the school site at drop off and collection
- Benefit for the environment with fewer and shorter car journeys to school
- Safety of all on school run with reduced traffic around school
- Improved relations with our neighbours within the community
- Earlier getaway for parents leaving to go to work
Morning drop-off: on Goldsel Road (side road – opposite entrance to garages for Winton Court) between 8.35am and 8.40am. Our staff will then walk children into school, cutting through the alleyway into Court Crescent. The group will leave promptly at 8.40am – if you arrive late, you will need to bring your child to the school gates yourself.
Afternoon collection: At the end of the day, staff will gather the booked in children and leave school at 3.15pm – bringing them to the same area in Goldsel Road in time for collection between 3.20pm and 3.25pm. If you have not arrived for collection by 3.25pm, staff will bring your child back to school and make contact with you to arrange collection directly from school.
We will need parents to register their child for the walking bus in advance so we know how many staff we need to provide. Please use the below link to book Park & Stride places for next week. This form will need to be completed by 12pm on Friday, to reserve slots for the following week.